FACTS: 7 of 10 Amazon sellers didn’t make enough money. Even 3 of 10 Amazon sellers make NO money!
These days, Amazon becomes a super-giant marketplace with over 2.5 millions of sellers. This made the game became extremely hard. Especially if you don’t know what products you could sell and get enough buyer.
As a private seller on Amazon, you need profitable products to sell. Not all products are marketable on Amazon. Some products have a huge of demand, some have a little to none. Some products have a very low competition, but some have a “bloody” competition.
Discovering and choosing the ideal product to sell at the right time is critical to your success. Unfortunately, launching a product in an overcrowded market, against established best sellers holding the Amazon Buy Box, requires time and money in order to become competitive. Maybe too much time and money.
But launching a product in an underserved area, or in which only a few selling products are currently available, can increase your own sales significantly.
Below is the Step-by-Step of how I find “BRILLIANT” product to sell on Amazon. This is the same approach used by Top Amazon FBA Sellers.
If you want to achieve big successful as an Amazon FBA seller, you need to change your mindset. You need to adapt to the market. You need to “listen” to the market.
Instead of thinking: “I have banana, I want to sell it on Amazon”, you would need to start thinking: “What products got big demand on Amazon but STILL easy enough to compete? I will sell them and get much more money”.
With this approach, you will be able to easily find the best products to sell and profit on Amazon. The idea is finding the ones which:
- has big demand and low competition, or
- has big demand and moderate competition, or
- has moderate demand and low competition, or
- has low demand but zero competition
To make the magic happen, here we’ll need an Amazon product research tool named Helium 10. This is the same tool used by Top Amazon FBA Sellers in the last decade.
The Black Box tool inside the Helium 10 has helped me gather the necessary data to make effective business decisions about what kinds of products to sell.
Let’s get started…
Tips: If you need to enlarge the pictures below, please Right-Click on the picture, then select Open image in new tab.
The first way to search for a potential product is by using the Products Search function inside Black Box.
1. Log into Helium 10 and open Black Box. Click on the Products tab (the default setting).
2. To conduct your research, you will need to choose criteria based on the types of products you are interested in selling. The natural, first option is to decide on an Amazon Category you want to sell in.
3. Next, you’ll want to set basic parameters concerning price range, size, sales and ratings.
4. When you’ve selected the criteria for your search, you click on the Search button and Black Box runs your report.
5. You can run the results based on this simple selection of criteria, but it will likely return results in such high volume, that many products in the category will not be included, because Helium 10 only shows the top 200 matches, leaving out tens of thousands of other products within the category.
To avoid this outcome, you’ll want to limit your search with additional criteria that suits your individual seller requirements.
6. By further narrowing your search options inside Black Box, you can refine your results.
7. Advanced Filters allows you to further refine your search for a product.
8. You may discover that you want to exclude certain types of products from the new search results. You can easily eliminate products by adding their key title words into the Exclude Title Keywords line under Advanced Filters.
9. When Black Box completes a search, it provides lots of data and information about the most relevant products to your search.
10. The Actions column lets you either save the listing into a separate file, or takes you to the Amazon product page. On the product page, for example, you can see the other sellers for this product.
11. From the product page, you can click through to get more information about the sellers.
12. Remember, if you want to keep your research results to review later at another time, you can save them as a project in Black Box.
13. Once you click on the Save Project button, a window pops up asking you to type in a name to save the project under. If you plan on saving a lot of projects, you may want to name it with the item name and the date of the search.
14. Name your project and click OK; a confirmation window will appear.
15. To access your saved projects, simply click on the Load Project button.
16. To find out what other private Amazon sellers use the Products search tab in Black Box to research, check out the short Black Box LEARN videos.
You don’t need to purchase the Helium 10 if you had already have other Amazon product research tool. You can use any other research tool beside the Helium 10. Since they are all feed by Amazon data itself, then any tool should provide the same numbers.
The reason of why I prefer to use Helium 10 is because it has complete features with the same price compared to other reputable tools, and it is the most research tool used by Top Amazon FBA sellers.
To purchase Helium 10 at the lowest price, you should go to their official site. Then, if you need a discount while purchasing the Helium 10, you can use this coupon code while checkout: BESTAMA10. It will give you 10% OFF since the first month and for the next entire months.
CASE STUDY: SCOTT VOELKER – $35,000+/MONTH
One person that has encouraged lots of people to pursue selling private label products on Amazon is Scott Voelker of The Amazing Seller. We did a podcast interview with him to discuss his strategies.
Before venturing into the world of Amazon FBA, Scott owned a very profitable photography studio. He wanted to build a business that didn’t take much of his time, so he turned to Amazon for help. On the first month of selling products on Amazon, he earned $4,000, which wasn’t bad. However, after nine months of refining his processes, he made a solid five-figure income monthly ($35,000+/month) and never looked back.
Key takeaway: Scott admits that there’s no shortcut to finding that product that would sell like hotcakes on Amazon. However, he emphasizes the importance of depth when it comes to choosing your business. What Scott means is that you have to pick a product on Amazon in which you can still make a substantial amount of sales in the position you can get your product page within Amazon search. By approaching your product research in a strategic manner, you can unlock your true earnings potential in Amazon FBA.